Thursday, September 26, 2013

Fresh from the Printers!


Here at last, from my good friends down at the Ave. Copy Center, the Usedbuyer2.0 2014 Calender of Literary Caricatures!

The process by which this annual object appears is still something of an (expensive) mystery to me.  (It's an investment for me, shall we say, in Christmas to come.  Totally worth it, from my perspective at least.  Can't really speak to how all the recipients may feel about it, though everyone's been very kind indeed.)  I draw faces with a pencil.  I put the drawings in a folder.  I give the folder to the handsome man at the Copy Center.  After that, he selects the paper stock and the covers. He tweaks the pictures, picks my calendar pages for me, he even drills the holes.  (He also gives me an excellent deal on the price per copy, bless 'im.)  A week later or so, I walk back down the Ave. and pick up my box of calendars. 

There's another step yet to happens.  These have to be entered into the inventory at the bookstore where I work, and each calendar has to get a price-tag.  An equally nice chap here at the store does all that for me.  Eventually -- soon -- these will be for sale at the bookstore and Online through the store's website, and there we will be.


Meanwhile, I am as always just pleased as punch to see the thing as a finished product.  There's something terribly satisfying in seeing the stack of 'em in a box.

Now to start making my list, and checking it just the once, at least. 

Huzzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment